Friday, May 18, 2007

Rejuvination

Today,
I am taking a break, not a complete and total break, like I should probably be taking, but I'm not going in to school

One of the other teachers told me, "enjoy the day off, you should take more days for yourself."

She wasn't trying to be mean, I think she was just supporting the fact that sometimes even teachers need a little r+r. I am going to My sisters graduation in Chico, but a day away from school is like a breath. Some time to inhale before the last few weeks of school.

The only problem with leaving for a day is, someone has to cover for me, I have to set up lesson plans, make phone call and be sure that I am covered and cross my fingers and hope that everything turns out.

I saw a bumper sticker that I need to post in my classroom:
"Change is inevitable
Growth is optional."

The name of my school, Delta means change, and that is our goal. I see kids change, but I do hope that they are able to take that growth into consideration.

My neighbor mentioned something that made me really think:
Sometimes kids need to make a really big mistake, before they are able to learn and mature. I see so much truth in that, but its also kind of scary.

Rambling cut.

Listening to Workingman's Dead

1 comment:

  1. So you were only sort of taking the day off... I am so happy you were able to come up and share m graduation with me. It meant so much to me that you were there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete