Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We did it!!



I don't think I will soon forget the feeling that I felt when Obama was declared president of the US, and everyone in the restaurant I was in stood up and started clapping and screaming. A tear in Meghans eyes and overwhelming joy in mine. Yesterday was a day for the history books.

I heard it many times today on the radio: Not since Lincoln signed the emancipation proclomation has there been a more important day than today. It is not a day for speeches, or prose, it is a day for poetry.

I am overjoyed by our countries decision to elect Obama, but I am a bit frusterated that in a state that votes for chickens to have bigger cages a proposition was passed that will make it illegal for all people to get married. I hope very deeply that this unconstitutional proposition is rejected in the state courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment