Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Raizes

I just wanted to share a few things. First of all its been a long couple of weeks, dealing with this job transition and such, but I'm making it through. One of the things that Is really helping me is my capoeira class that i started a little over a month ago. Its this amazing Brazilian Martial art that is more of a dance then a fight. Each of the moves are responses and music plays an integral part in it. It is a physical and mental challenge, but it really takes my mind off other things.

I thought I would post some videos of it. It is originally a dance that slaves developed and practiced in brazil. It has roots in African and Portugese music and dance. This first video is from my school during the last presentation they had:



This second video is of a famous instructor mestre bimba. It has some really cool footage:



oh yeah, one other fun thing I found recently. Totally unrelated: Tom Waits interviewing himself. How postmodern

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job. Capoeira seems like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely off topic...spruce tips in beer ala alaska winter ale. what do you think?

    -iz

    ReplyDelete
  3. IZ, I don't know your email. But spruce tips +beer = amazing.
    Try Alaska winter. I think its the perfect hint of the outdoors.
    d

    ReplyDelete