Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snippets of a restful, rejuvenating holiday

Since I haven't had the opportunity to write in the last month or so I thought I would write a twitter style set of memories and moments that have passed through out the holidays:

IMG_7483

…

  • Christmas brings up such elevated emotions for everyone.  The day school got out I helped navigate a weep-fest of 5th graders who decided that they wanted to talk about people in their lives who had died.
  • …
  • A little Somalian boy in one of my classes spent about 5 minutes touching my beard and telling me about his dad who he hadn't seen in years.

…

I was hired as a ski instructor at mt hood meadows.

…

California winter days brought some quiet winter sunshine.  It was something that I didn't even realize that I missed until I felt it come through the window.

…IMG_7385

Christmas was less chaotic than usual, but it still had its scheduling difficulties, it is damn hard to organize 4 different families with ample time. 

…

After Christmas, we went to Point Reyes and watched the incredibly large waves and elephant seals.  I forget how beautiful that state park is.  It would be such a shame to have to close it.

…

 

IMG_7505 Sara and I drove north to Portland together and got to enjoy each others company.

…

Its really strange to not have a teaching job and listen to my sisters stories as she begins her career. 

…

I dealt with a little bit of homesickness because I didn't see all of my friends and my family time seemed cut short.

…

I actually missed Portland!

…

It snowed a good 3 or 4 inches in the city and it was beautifully quiet, aside from the screeched of cars that couldn't make it up the hill. 

…

The new years brought funIMG_7582 and mayhem.  We ate a 5 course Moroccan meal at Marrakesh and then went to the Kennedy school for some debauchery. 

…

On New Years day we all wrote down things that we wanted to leave behind in 2009 and it brought up some pretty intense feelings.

…

I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a best of the year and decade list for my favorite music, movies and books but its taking longer than I thought.  I plan on revealing it soon.

…P1000984

I hope the new year brings all of us joy, balance, peace, and a whole lot of love! 

2 comments: