Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rocky Mountain High



Just wanted to share some picture from my roadtrip with my friend Tim and his wife, Jill. Last Friday, I joined them on the drive from San Ramon to their new home in Colorado. We drove a U-Haul and a separate Car. We drove through Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, and eventually Colorado.



The Sky in Wyoming was stunningly beautiful. I reminded me of the sweeping shots of sky from the film "Brokeback Mountain." The Uhaul was fun to drive, but it was a slug getting up the mountains. As we drove into Colorado, the rockies seemes to jump out of the horizon. I knew I wanted to get into them as soon as possible. So a day or two later I took a hike up a mountain called south boulder peak.



The hike climbed about 4000 feet in about 3.5 miles, so it was a beast. When I got to the top, I took a nap and just took in the sights and sound of the front range.



When I hiked down, a thunderstorm drizzled overhead. I was stunned by the beauty of the wildflowers and aspens in the rain.



Tim, Jill and I went up to Estes park, in the rockies and of course had to taste the local microbrew. We then were treated to an elk viewing late in the afternoon. The next Day, Tim's brother, Dan joined us and we went to New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins. It was a great place to taste beer and take in the local college crowd. We had a great time. Here are some shots from it all:





a few of the fourteeners



Our Elk friend



in front of the "green" New Belgium brewery





the taps a pourin'

No comments:

Post a Comment