Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A bit perturbed

I don't want to post too much information about this because its still in the works, that being said, here's why today kinda sucks:

Last week on one of the days I rode my bike to school, I forgot my classroom keys. While in Yearbook I sent two trustworthy students to the office to get the keys to my camera closet. They came back and opened the closet and brought the key to me. They opened it without my permission, so I just mentioned to them not to do it again. Then I locked it (probably 3 minutes after they opened it). They then checked out the camera and took pictures around campus.

That night I had a midnight vision, in which the school video camera was missing from the closet. I went to school the next day and found it to be gone. I talked to the one student who was there and of course he knew nothing about it.

So I let my principal know, and he was visibly upset, as was I.

So my first dilemma arises, why cant I trust students? I want to be able to and I feel that earning trust is an important step in growing up. So once again, students break Mr. Zs trust. Ugh

So this week gets going and the camera was not found. Both students denied any knowledge, as did all studetns in the class. So another piece of equipment (that I dont even use) has been stolen.

Today, I recieved a demerit letter of unsatisfactory job performance. It was because I wasnt taking care of the school's equipment well enough. I am frusterated in myself for trusting students, but really? unsatisfactory performance? How does that have anything to do with my teaching?

I am tired of getting taken advantage of by students, and by administration. I am not a bad person, nor am I a bad teacher; I believe this is a little bit unfair.

What do you think?


----------------
Now playing: Dar Williams - The One Who Knows
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Zook, I am very surprise you were written up, clearly it wasn't your fault and that's not fair. The principal should have investigated further and realized you weren't at fault. So, if you're in the area of holiday break, we need to hang out.
    Be well man, keep you head up....

    ReplyDelete