Monday, February 1, 2010

Memoirs of a Sweet Vidalia Onion

The mid-August Central Valley heat beat down on my empty windshield and all I could do was look ahead at the muddled pavement that directed my journey.

When I am cut, I make people cry; the layers of my life build upon each other like an unfortunate romantic novel being read in the summer. All around me I am buried between others who are exactly the same but I feel so alone and so different.

“Welcome to the real word,” bluntly repeated by my riding partner. The words rang in my ears

This could be the last day that I am able to sit with my vegetable brethren from here on out.

Looking at that open door all I can do is shuffle in discomfort. With movement I see three or four of my friends bound listlessly from the sedentary pile. They scream with glee.

I don’t think my escape will be quite as gratifying

-I Found this in an old notebook, thought it was interesting


picture credit (http://www.hungryagain.net)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Daren! Nice onion channelling! Love the photograph, too, a real beauty. Of course, I may be biased, because I took that photo, and posted it on my blog (http://www.hungryagain.net). Didn't see a credit in your post.....would be a nice touch. Cheers! jgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear kind sir,
    sorry about the picture theft. I didn't realize anyone was actually reading my blog. I will take care of the credits asap. You have some great foo photography by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the credit, Daren, and glad you like my photos! I know how you feel about the unknown readers out there, and if they really exist. They do, and I bet there are many more than you think. Keep at it & see you round the blogs. PS: Don't you just love Tiny Desk Concerts? The Low Anthem's was a good one, too. Give it a listen when you get a chance if you haven't already. jgh

    ReplyDelete